Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thriller

. . . Not the run, it was uneventful. But the music! I bought Thriller 25 the 25th anniversary edition of Michael Jackson's Thriller (yes, I bought the CD because I am 45 and that's what I do. I like to have a hard copy). I listened to it on my ipod during today's run. It's such a great album. It brings back great memories, but all the songs stand on their own and are just as great today as they were in 1983 when I would dance to them at the AEPi parties at Indiana University.

My run was 8 miles. I ran outside by the Ohio River while Sarah was at dance rehearsal. Nice and flat. Out four and back four. I reset the Garmin at the turn around to do 8x100 strides for the last two miles with two minutes in between each stride. That stretched it out! Two minutes is an eternity when you don't feel like you need that much time, but as a result, my strides didn't slow down and even got faster. My average pace for the whole 8 miles was about 10:00/m. The strides were in the 8s with one at 7:57 (yeah me!).

Alright, so a faster person might have listened to the entire album and been done with the run, but I had to add on two versions of Smooth Criminal (Alien Ant Farm and Michael Jackson) plus a couple of other songs.

In all, it was a nice run and a good effort.

Tomorrow: 14

MTD (February): 154 (One extra day didn't help my totals at all).

No comments: