Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I just ran 8 miles on the treadmill. This included 2 phone calls and 5x600 at 5k pace. The phone calls were during the 90 second jogs in between intervals, of course.

While running, I watched the PBS Great Performances showing of Company. Company is one of my very favorite Broadway soundtracks. Two years ago, I was thrilled beyond words when Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park staged a new version directed by John Doyle. It was so wonderful and it then moved to Broadway. The Great Performances recording was from the Broadway version, but it seemed the same as the Playhouse version. My seats at the Playhouse were in the 3rd row, so even the TV closeups don't make for a better viewing experience than I had. It's a wonderful show and I highly recommend searching for a rebroadcast if you have TIVO or a DVR.


I've put in quite a few miles on the new treadmill, and I just noticed today that one of my dogs may have broken it in as well. Judging from the yellow spot on the carpet. Damn dog! Can't resist anything new and vertical.

No comments: