Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Searching for my inner ninja

I haven't posted here in over a week. My sister-in-law passed away suddenly last Tuesday. I did manage to run over 46 miles. I just didn't blog about it. Thank goodness I have running. It provided me with a few hours of quiet last week and I feel sorry for those who grieve who don't have this outlet.

So, I'm back and I'm blogging. Starting with today's run.

Last night I came up with the brilliant idea of making up my 20 mile run today instead of doing a 6 mile recovery run. It also probably had something to do with a 14 mile run on the schedule for Wednesday that conflicted with a manicure appointment, but whatever...

It was about 20 degrees with some wind when I set out, so I donned the ninja gear: balaclava, hat, jacket, windpants, beverage holster. Sunglasses provided the final menacing touch. I decided to do the big eight mile Tour de Amberley Village loop twice. The second time around I managed to stretch an additional two miles which left me with two miles to finish up on the treadmill. If I wasn't freezing my toushie off already I'd have finished up outside. Alas, I was only good for one more mile on the 'mill. As my daugher said, "why didn't you just run one more mile?" Well, 19 is all I had in me. My time was used up.

I still haven't showered. Maybe I'll wait and see how long it takes for anyone to notice. ;)

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

How sad, I'm so sorry for your family. I agree with you though, running has gotten me through some very tough things and I think helped me to keep from becoming so sad.

Congrats on the miles and the outfit, it sounds stunning. :)