Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

This is my peak week. My body seems ok with it (knock wood, fingers crossed, spit, spit). Time to keep the focus.

Worked out for an hour this morning without touching a weight. I warmed up with 5 miles on the bike then did a series of plyos that I like to call "ankle breakers and nose breakers." Fortunately, that didn't really happen.

Jump rope (70, 150, 150) SS Walking lunges (forward) X 3
Single leg hops on riser 3 X 15, 15 SS Woodchops w/ 4 lb ball X 30
Explosive pushups from knees 3X10 SS Tuck jumps 2X 20

When I got home from the gym, I went out for my 5 miles (50:10) in the blazing heat and humidity. Isn't it Fall already? What is with this weather? I'll tell you, it is OLD.

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

You have heat still? we've moved on to rain, which sucks in the chilly air.

I was doing some plyos yesterday and man they are a solid workout.

The Original MAJ said...

GO NATALIE!