Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hip Hop on the Mill

10 mile midweek run. The one I least look forward to. The one that truly defines this as "hump day."

Thunderstorms are in the forecast so I used that as an excuse to get my money's worth at the gym. Yes, that means treadmill. I got on and didn't have a plan, so that's usually a bad sign. Once I got going, I decided on some sort of ladder. With the incline set at 1%, I did something like this*:

Mile 1 10:40
Mile 2 10:12
Mile 3 9:52 potty break
Mile 4 9:52 potty break (!)
Mile 5 9:34
Mile 6 8:18 decided to do some mile repeats at 5k pace
Mile 7 9:34 potty break
Mile 8 8:18
Mile 9 9:34
Mile 10 8:18
Mile 11 9:52
*Times are adjusted for 1% grade

Hey, there, it looks like I did closer to 11. With all those pee breaks, I started to lose count and I wasn't sure so I just kept going. I see in breaking it down that it was more like 11 miles. I'm just going to log it at 10 at approx. 9:30 pace. Anyway, it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. In fact, it wasn't bad at all. For entertainment, besides my ipod, I watched Ann Curry attempt to Hip Hop on the Today Show. Pathetic. Just to be clear, ANN CURRY WAS PATHETIC. SHE STANK.

No comments: