Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm Fast!

I squeezed in tomorrow's 6 mile run today because of Yom Kippur. Somehow, I don't think fasting and running are a good mix. I ordered another pair of running shoes because both of my new pairs each have 100 miles on them already and the marathon is still a good 6 weeks away. Somebody posted a link to runningwarehouse.com and out of curiosity I priced the Pearl Izumi Shines (the shoes I road tested). They were $67!! Zappos had them for $94 so I did the ol' Sam Green 110% price match and got them for about $65. They arrived at my front door 12 hours later. No shipping costs either.

I decided to run at a fairly brisk pace today. Faster than marathon pace, but I'm riding on a high of confidence since my half-marathon PR. It's nice to get concrete feedback as to how the training is going. Anyway, I finished in 56:48 (avg. pace 9:29) which is pretty cool if you ask me. Since the splits are pretty, I'll bore you with them here:

Mile 1 9:28
Mile 2 8:52
Mile 3 9:16
Mile 4 9:32
Mile 5 9:55
Mile 6 9:41

Now it's time to make challah and clean this place up!

1 comment:

Tea said...

Your splits are looking very strong.

so...are you doing columbus?