Friday, June 27, 2008

Alright, already!




Alright, alright, alright. I know. I've been a Blogger Bum. But it's not as if I've actually been a bum. I chaperoned an amazing group of Cincinnati high school seniors on a trip to Poland and Israel. And I was kind of a cheating bum at that, because I blogged about it, but not in this blog. You can read all about it here, in THIS blog. I could never rehash it again, but it's all right there for your reading enjoyment.



Since then, well, I've been running of course. The running has been quite difficutl for me. I trained my ass of with the Pfitzinger 18/55 program. It looked exactly like this, except for the dates. It's alot of miles! Right now I'm in my second week of training for the Columbus Marathon on October 19th. I have two goals: first is to set another PR -- hopefully finishing in 4:20 or better -- and second is to complete 95-100% of the scheduled runs. So far, so good. I'm trying not to be anal about my paces because the first third of the program is so much mileage buildup that I always feel like I'm getting slower not faster. Also, since coming back from my trip, where I didn't run at all, I've been feeling sluggish. I'm still trying to find the motivation!


So. Here WE Go!


Natalie





Columbus Training

1 comment:

The Original MAJ said...

Huzzah!!! An update!

I cannot even begin to imagine how enriching that trip was. The pics are truly amazing. I'm envious and mindboggled all at the same time.

Like Gabe Jennings says, everything you do contributes directly or indirectly to your training.

;)