Friday, November 9, 2007

Zero Week

Tea says it is time to change the music on my ipod. After all, the NYC Marathon is yesterday's news. I've basked in the glow of my 8 minute PR long enough.



She's right, of course, but the truth is, I can't seem to motivate myself to write anything down anymore. Since it's "zero week" I don't have any immediate goals. I'm going to run in the Thanksgiving Day Race this month (guess when it is) and I want to beat 55 minutes. Last year was a PW (personal worst) for that race at 1:02. But that was the beginning of my Natalie Gets Her Butt in Kick Ass Shape year. After that, the next big race I train for will be the More Half Marathon in Central Park. My goal is 2:00. That will be a biggie, because I tend to think of 2:00 as a breakthrough time for a half marathon. But that's not until April.



I won't be training for a spring marathon because I'll be chaperoning for March of the Living. I'm feeling a little wistful about The Flying Pig. It's the 10th anniversary and I still have some revenge to take on that one. Plus, you can't beat the hometown marathon!

But, in honor of Tea, and a training year that's almost come full-circle. I give you a new song.

2 comments:

Tea said...

LOL. I love it!

And plans! I was going to ask you what your plans were, but I figured that it was too soon.

What's your t-day race distance? is it a 10k? Mine is a nice short 4 miles.

The Original MAJ said...

You'll do it. Yes, you will. I know you will. I love your New York report so much.

:)