Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

For the first tiime in two years, I find myself having to make a New Year's Resolution. Now, I'm not one to put much stock in New Year's Resolutions. If you're going to promise to do something, why not just do it now instead of waiting until an arbitrary date called "January 1st?" But with two big races on the calendar next weekend and a race of revenge coming up on May 3rd, I realize that I am not up to the challenge.

Not to belabor a point, but having an injury really sucks the juices out of you. I have felt like an inadequate lump since July and I'm tired of it. I've gained 10 pounds and my running is labored. I haven't been in this kind of shape since 2006 and I don't like it.

I ran 7 miles today and my left toe still hurts. It must be some kind of phantom pain, because it's been six months for crying out loud! My right toe that was actually broken broken in September is totally healed! I refuse to be hobbled by pain in my toe. I PRd in two marathons with this stress fracture and I will continue to train through the pain.

First things first though, I RESOLVE TO WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING I EAT IN A FOOD JOURNAL AND GET MY METABOLISM BACK ON TRACK. Hopefully, I'll lose 10 pounds and my running paces will come down.

I still have a Flying Pig to revenge. After all, who's the Big Bad Wolf?

1 comment:

b said...

Thanks for sharing your great experience Natalie about your adventures at the Goofy events :-)
You did a fantastic job and I'm very glad to hear your recovering well!

btw...kristen officially signed up for the Pig over the weekend.